Tuesday 1 January 2019

Thank you, over and out...

Today is my first soberversary - the first of many more to come.  Happy soberversary to me!  To mark this very special day I've made a little video to say thank you to everyone who has supported me over the past year.  There have been so many of you who have made a difference to this, at times difficult, transition from a drinker to a non-drinker.  Some of you have left kind messages on my blog; some have written supportive posts on my social media feeds; others have taken the time to write heart-felt emails; some have spurred me on with encouraging comments said to my face.  Most importantly, the biggest difference you made was in accepting me as a non-drinker in this drinking world and I know this didn't feel comfortable for some of you at the start. I know without a shadow of doubt that if any or you had done this before me, I would have felt very uneasy about it!  I hope you can see now that as a drinker or a non-drinker, I am still the same person but just a far happier, more positive, less moody and more confident one without alcohol in my life.  Thank you everyone and enjoy my video - I felt a bit choked up at the end, which is why it ended a little abruptly!





So that's one year of no drinking done and I am so excited for what lies ahead... here's to a sober 2019!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your accomplishment - very happy for you! I went a year dry in 2014 and then stupidly slipped back down the slippery slope. Started dry again on 1st Jan this year and determined not to look back. Have a great 2019 and onwards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Antony. I think that slippery slope is very easy to go down. If there's one thing I've learnt over the past few years, it's that moderation is not my thing! Best of luck with your dry 2019 - I don't need to tell you that it is so worth the effort and it gets easier and easier as time passes.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. So happy to see you blogging about your new year's resolution. You're doing great. I know you've got this this year. I think you'll find the blog very motivating as you can keep referring back to how far you've come. Keep reading the quit lit and let me know if you're having a wobble, just in case I can talk you out of it!!

      Delete

I’d love to hear what you think so please do post a comment. If you would rather contact me privately, please email me at dreamscheming@gmail.com.